At Iconic we are looking for one UI Designer, experience in UI or UX Design is desired but not required. We understand that this role is not common in Honduras so we encourage candidates that, although don’t have the experience, can show a strong Digital design background, and have experimented or are willing to make a career shift to this area.
The Visual UI Designer will create compelling, easy, and joyful experiences that support the individual needs of every project. Working closely with the UX Lead designer, you will partner closely with team members across Product Management, Product Design, Research, Engineering, Data, Content, and Marketing. You’ll leverage your understanding of our user archetypes to inform design decisions that will deliver in-flight features and experiences that effectively solve user problems. Your designs will be well organized, emotionally resonate with client needs, and will support users achieving their product goals. You will also partner cross-functionally to plan, conduct, and analyze customer research and user testing to test and evolve design solutions.
As a UI Designer you will initially be given Visual Design responsibilities and will gradually be introduced to Product Design responsibilities understanding user needs, client requirements and technical feasibility. You will be creating UI and in the future UX Designs for Mobile, OTT, Web and AR/VR. The selected candidate will be joining our growing Design group and will work directly with interdisciplinary teams consisting of developers, quality assurance engineers, designers and artists.
We value team members that are fast learners, eager to learn new processes, tools and technologies and are specially passionate about creating products that people use and love.
For this specific role communication and problem solving skills are important.
- Design with a user need centric approach, within Design system and brand guidelines.
- Create screens and UI components that help drive forward-thinking user experiences.
- Design and Stress test UI elements cross-system, device, breakpoints additional user touch points.
- Extend, improve and advocate for design language, pattern libraries, and usage guidelines.
- Write guidelines and design specs for new and existing components (design only, not dev)
- Maintain UX best practices and Accessibility standards within all UI design
- Review feature work and help maintain standards and consistency across feature teams.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop product requirements and deliver features.
- Meet regularly with team members to discuss project status, goals, roadblocks and areas for improvement.
- Stay well-informed of evolving design technologies/methodologies and help drive process improvements
- Maintain product strategy goals throughout the visual design process and implementation.
- Understand business requirements and objectives and help clarify them for others.
- Actively mentor less experienced designers and assume responsibility for their professional development
- Provide on-demand subject matter and domain expertise when needed to ensure product/team/individual excellence
- Help shape and promote a design culture throughout the company.
Key areas of knowledge/experience:
- Strong Graphic Design background, we pay close attention to:
- The use of fundamental principles such as color theory, layout composition, grid, information architecture, and typography
- Extreme attention to detail (pixel-level sensitivity)
- Versatility in design styles
- Ability to interpret a brand and apply it to different contexts
- Design Tools including Adobe Creative Suite Products, Invision, Sketch and Figma.
- Advanced practitioner of User-Centered Design, Agile and other development methodologies
- Fully capable of reading documentation in English and follow up technical questions via written communications (email, slack, etc) with external support teams.
- Experience with any of our current tools including Zeplin, Abstract, Marvel, Adobe XD.
- Experience designing for one of our current technologies Mobile, Web, OTT, AR/VR, Game Development
- Knowledge of HTML+CSS
- Experience in UI Design
- Experience in UX Design
- Location: Tegucigalpa
- Position: Full Time
- Number of openings: 1
- Education: Diseño Gráfico or similar is ideal but not required. It is important however that candidates are tech savvy.
- We celebrate diversity. We strongly encourage all qualified applicants without regard of gender, race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
- We have created a great work space for our team where we encourage collaboration with your peers, however there is also a large component of remote communication with teams and client counterparts in the US. All of our communications take place via internet/cloud tools such as Slack, Zoom, Dropbox, Github, JIRA, Google Drive.
- El manejo de inglés es ideal pero no requerido (tenemos un programa de beca parcial 50/50 de educación de inglés)
Why Hello Iconic?
- Develop consumer-based products targeting millions of users
- Work with iconic global brands. We are currently working with some of the most important TV entertainment brands in the world, large international clients and series-A funded startups in our core industries of Video / Audio Streaming, FinTech, HealthTech, EdTech, and Blockchain. Some of our current and past clients include The Walt Disney Company, NBC Universal, Neil Young, Netflix, University of Maryland Global Campus, Massachusetts General Hospital and much more.
- Great and balanced work environment https://www.instagram.com/hello.iconic/
- Work with some of the most talented, dedicated and creative professionals in the area.
- Competitive salary with clear growth and career paths.
- Training and international conferences annual budget availability.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our team members.
- Contract according to Honduran laws.
- Private medical insurance.
- Half scholarship for English training (if needed).
- 2+ years experience working with Adobe Creative Suite Products, Invision, Sketch and Figma.
- Experience applying fundamental principles such as color theory, layout composition and typography.
- Ability to understand client vision/direction, and present designs and concepts
- Ability to Maintain UX best practices and Accessibility standards within all UI design
If you think you are the right candidate for this position, send us your CV, Github repo or portfolio to: email@example.com